Automation Engineer Co-op
NeoMatrix is looking for an Automation Engineer Co-op to join our team for 6 months from January to July 2023. The job will require skills in all facets of industrial automation and information services from conceptual design through commissioning. Co-ops are very much part of the team at Neomatrix. The owners truly work side by side all the employees including co-ops to assist with any questions and make sure all projects are running smoothly. Meetings with manager monthly to check in with employees and let them express their concerns or happiness with their position. Exit interviews are always conducted as well to determine what can make the co-op experience even better for future students.
- Working towards B.S. in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience/knowledge
- 0 - 3 years experience will be considered
- Experience with process automation, control system integration, and/or process control is a plus
- Excellent leadership, communications, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Experience with Rockwell PLC's is a plus
- Experience with Ignition, Wonderware, GE Proficy and/or RSVIEW is a plus
- Experience with database and web development is a plus
Desired Personal Character Traits:
- Client orientated
- Self motivated
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and hardware
- Persistence in identifying and resolving problems
- Flexibility in work schedule arrangements and willing to travel
Perks/Benefits of Working at NeoMatrix:
- Will reimburse for mileage to clients
- Snacks and drinks available in the office.
- There are offsite visits to customers
- The owners frequently pick up lunch or take employees to lunch
About NeoMatrix, Inc.
NeoMatrix Inc. is an automation services firm, providing a wide range of programming and integration services with a focus on manufacturing information technologies. NeoMatrix specializes in using PLC/HMI/SCADA tools from the leading automation vendors to create scalable, reliable plant information solutions. We help manufacturing companies implement plant automation, Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions (MES) and IIOT systems that improve operational efficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs, by empowering operations teams with access to both real-time and historical plant information and key performance metrics. We provide these solutions to manufacturing companies in the Life Sciences, Semiconductor, Electric Vehicle, and other industries.